Skip to main content

The Summer I Fell In Love

Today I will be without you.
I seem to never remember how I feel about you. 
Let me try to write my thoughts to these pages. How I feel that is.
You love me, right? Especially, how coherent I can be? So this will be me , unfiltered, brain spouting nonsense in some nonsensical structure. Better yet, brain vomit addled by drowning myself in this drink. 

I love you. This is your proof, that it has ever happened, Andrew Garrett Slemmon, I love you. I love you so much. But I can't be with you, because I love someone else too. I don't want to talk about the other things. So let me just talk about you and me. I love your eyes and your smile. And when you cuddle me through the night. I like that you really like kissing me, even though you hate kissing, apparently. I like when you leave a trail of kisses from shoulder to my neck. I like the face you make when I caress your face with strands of my hair. I like how you smell like a spicy orange. Your voice makes me feel calm. It's like a gentle wave, lulling me into a sense of security. I'm going to miss this. Cuddles with my Andrew, my strawberry. I'm going to miss your stubble scratching my face and biting you and harassing your face with kisses. I really liked singing to Hannah Montana with you in the car, it was my favourite. I feel so at home with you. I'll never forget that night that I kissed you. I wish I didn't but I'm glad I did because I'd always wanted to. I wanted to when we were hanging out in Princeton, or walking in the field. Thinking about it, I can smell you, your spicy orangeness. 

I'll never forget the summer I fell in love with Andrew. 

Comments